- Sanctuary Manager - Newhaven
- Special skills / qualifications
- Living in the bush - I grew up on a farm, and have always lived 'out bush';
Bachelor Health Science (Nursing);
Certificate III CLM; and
current studying Bachelor Science (Palaeobiology).
- What did you do before AWC?
- For 6 years prior to AWC I spent most of my time walking through various Australian deserts on camel-assisted expeditions (private and commercial).
During the hot months, and prior to this time, I was employed delivering acute medical care and primary health care services on remote Aboriginal communities in the NT.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Night parrot.
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Anywhere quiet on either Kalamurina or Newhaven, particularly as the sun goes down and the light softens.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Velvet worm (Onychophora), Green python, and greedily, all the rock-wallabies.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Central Australia in the late 1800's, Ituri Forest in the 1940's, and any quiet Mulga-fringed clay-pan after rain.
- Other interesting stuff
- Central Australian history, particularly around the 'first contact period' is a great interest of mine...it is still so close. I have a very small apiary in Alice springs which supports, my wife - Danae's, honey habit. More than anything I love to walk in the bush...